Customer retention is vital for all airlines as they seek to encourage passengers to remain loyal when booking their next flights. However, with fierce competition within the industry, each airline must work hard to improve the flight experience of its passengers in order to build a long-term relationship.
From onboard movies and TV shows to audiobooks and music, there are many options available to airlines looking to entertain their passengers. Here are 10 benefits for airlines investing in a quality inflight entertainment solution.
1. By giving passengers a pleasant in-flight experience, they are more likely to use your airline in the future. A good in-flight movie, for example, can go a long way in helping passengers fully enjoy their trip.
2. In addition to rebooking with you in the future, a happy passenger can also recommend your airline to friends, family or associates within their social network.
3. On the other hand, passengers may never use or recommend your airline again if their experience was negative. Poor in-flight entertainment could make a major contribution to low levels of satisfaction.
4. If a passenger is a nervous traveler, an interesting and diverse entertainment offer will help distract them from their worries and enjoy the flight.
5. When flights are particularly long, passengers can get tired and restless. However, a good inflight entertainment package will help focus your attention and make your flight time feel much shorter.
6. It is important to recognize that not all passengers want to be entertained; some will want to kick back and relax during the flight. An excellent solution is pzizz, a new system designed to help passengers relax and sleep during flights.
7. Inflight entertainment, with its on-screen opportunities, can be the perfect medium for external advertisers and could help your airline maximize its inflight revenue potential.
8. Your airline could also take advantage of on-screen opportunities to promote its range of tax-free products, foods and beverages to help maximize sales.
9. Renting headphones for passengers so they can enjoy inflight entertainment can also be a useful source of income.
10. Airlines are now generating even more revenue by providing cost-effective portable entertainment systems, such as the Sony PSP, that allow passengers to play games in flight and watch movies and TV shows.
If you need inflight entertainment solutions, an inflight movie package or a selection of inflight games may be the answer.