There are many brands of argan oil on the market. It is not a beauty product “only” but also offers several benefits that improve your personal hair and skin care. To take advantage of these benefits, it is advisable to choose a high-quality product. How to know which brand is better and high quality? Learn about some of the most important criteria for choosing a good product.
1) Avoid products manipulated with chemicals such as parabens, sulfates, fragrances or alcohol. The risks and harmful effects of chemicals in cosmetics have been extensively researched for many years and there is no doubt that they are simply not good for your health and in fact can lead to some pretty serious health problems. Therefore, only select a brand without chemicals.
2) Also, pay attention that the product is 100% pure and not a mixture of various, probably less valuable, oils and other non-essential additives. Not only do you waste your money on an inferior product, but you also don’t get all the benefits that pure argan oil has to offer; it would be a shame if he missed it.
3) Machine-pressed oil is a better option. The manual extraction method, as has been the tradition for many years, can help local farmers by giving them work. However, the manual pressing process involves mixing the argan paste after extraction with water to separate the oil. Microorganisms thrive in moist environments and may more easily grow while the argan oil is being processed. This would not only reduce the life of the oil, but also its value. The mechanical extraction of oil in modern facilities offers better hygienic conditions and allows a higher quality final product to be obtained.
4) Don’t be fooled by a pleasant flowery smell. Argan oil has a nutty smell reminiscent of olive oil. It doesn’t smell like potpourri. If it does, fragrances have been added to the product. There are hundreds of synthetic fragrances in the cosmetic industry. Many of them were found to be carcinogenic.
5) Lastly, select a cold pressed product. Any heat treatment destroys the natural elements in argan oil that are so beneficial for moisturizing and nourishing hair and skin. If a product’s labels indicate that the content includes fragrances, you can assume that it is heat treated. A very common process for adding fragrance to cosmetics is through the high-temperature vaporization method.
Hopefully these tips are helpful. Don’t just look at the price. A low-priced product is likely to be of inferior quality. High-quality argan oil has its price. Since the argan tree only grows in the country of Morocco, hence the alternative name “Moroccan Argan Oil”, only a limited amount can be produced each year, which naturally affects the price.
If you want to be sure you are buying a pure, high-quality product, check out Kandala Argan Oil. It is certified 100% natural and pure without any additives or chemicals. This product is cold pressed virgin oil and has all the great benefits that argan oil has to offer for hair and skin care.